We are all protected by freedom of thought, conscience, religion or belief (FoRB). Because of this, we urge everyone to stand together and defend this fundamental right.
Join our movement of FoRB Defenders and show that people of all faiths and none can unite to speak out against discrimination, oppression and violence on the grounds of religion or belief.
The #FoRBDefender movement aims to:
1. Raise awareness of the right to freedom of thought, conscience, religion or belief (FoRB).
2. Stand in solidarity with individuals and communities worldwide who suffer injustice and persecution because of their religion or belief - or none.
3. Call on legislators, policymakers and diplomats to more robustly defend and protect FoRB in the world.
Every single one of the world's seven billion people has the right to freedom of thought, conscience, religion or belief. Uniting to protect this freedom, we can all:
- Claim our rights and help others to claim theirs by shedding light on violations, holding governments and local authorities accountable for their actions and putting pressure on local, national, regional and international decision-makers to intervene and change situations.
- Help people of all faiths and none get more engaged by making them aware of what FoRB is, why it is important and how it can be violated.
- Treat each other with respect and give other religion or belief communities the same rights that we claim for ourselves.
THE #FORBDEFENDER MOVEMENT WELCOMES PEOPLE OF ALL GEOGRAPHIES AND IDENTITIES
The people pictured on this site are a tiny cross-section of the world's global population. Share your 'Believe it or not' selfie on social media using #FoRBDefender #FORB and help to represent your religion or belief, including theistic, non-theistic and atheistic beliefs, in the #FoRBDefender movement.